Snowdonia pretty much has it all when it comes to landscape photography. Mountains, lakes, waterfalls and a wild coastline. Plus with a west coast position, sunsets too.
We also make the most of these amazing opportunities by taking photographs from sunrise to sunset, and into the night
Snowdonia has been a favourite for me and fellow professional photographers for many years.
During the 3 day workshop we will visit specially selected locations to take advantage of the time of year, available light, and above all composition for great photography.
You will also have the opportunity to photograph from Sunrise to Sunset, and even into the night.
With a limited group size of just 4 people you will get plenty of one 2 one time that can be designed for your skill levels and aspirations. So it doesn't matter if you are a complete beginner or a more advanced photographer.
Your course will start with the emphasis on the technical side of landscape photography.
- You will learn how to set up your digital SLR so it is working to its full potential.
- You will be shown how move to away from your camera's automatic functions
- You will take full control of your camera and equipment to consistently! get the results you want!
- You will discover the skills of How to focus the image correctly and Understand the use of depth of field.
- You will use the histogram, to obtain the correct exposures levels to record shadow and highlight detail.
Throughout the course we will also work on your creative skills
- You will also explore the use of filters, Inc. neutral density graduated filters & the polariser.
- You will start to develop your own style, so you can shoot strong landscape images that are unique to you.
- We will discuss when & where to take photographs and what makes a great landscape image.
- We will work on composition skills and discover the basic ingredients of good landscape photography.
Finally by the end of the course you will be confident in using your camera's full manual controls and putting all your new skills into practice. You will have the ingredients necessary to build your own style and a portfolio of stunning landscape images. But most of all you may have found a new way to enjoy your hobby and passion for photography.
While on one of our workshops you will be in the company of others who share the same enthusiasm as you. And with a course tutor who is passionate about photography and passing on his knowledge. As on all our course's and workshops we will encourage a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and do our very best to provide you with a most enjoyable experience, Our aim is to provide an experience that will encourage you to return again and again.
Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th November 2017
4 places available
Included in the workshop: 2 nights Accommodation with bed & breakfast, and all transport to and from locations.
Transport may also be arranged to get you too Snowdonia for those who can not drive or have transport difficulties.